Rodi running slow

thakki

My awi rodi unit is new...used only few months before I broke down my tank...after almost 4 months I hooked it up today...it's giving out 0 tds water...but for some reason I feel like it's slowed down...and there is lot of waste...like 1:10...any idea why it wud waste that much water?

What is the pressure?

If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live. - Lin Yutang

I don't have a pressure gauge...but I am sure it has enough pressure as i connected my unit to the main water supply to the house...I was wondering if cleaning up the unit helps.

Cleaning is always a good habit. Pressure is usually the culprit with poor efficiency, but without a gauge it is all a guessing game.

If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live. - Lin Yutang

Clogged prefilters and/or low water pressure maybe? A water gauge before and after your membrane help you determine if its bad and needs replacing.

Be careful as well that your house pressure isn't too high. The filters are typically rated for < 80 psi. A pressure regulator can help in that case.

If you have a high quality carbon filter (as opppsed to loose granular carbon) I think they tend to plug up quicker, thereby reducing flow.