Tank progree

Dario5678

Hello,

Well today I finally added my rock to my 90 gallon. See below...any thoughts on my set up?

Any suggestion on next steps...add sand, clean up crew, another fish? And where should I purchase fish? All I know is petco..and guys on here selling

When can I start adding corals?

500721537f230fabecefec42f020bc3e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

looking at an earlier thread of mine I see that a 2 month waiting period was suggested.

FYI those 2 fish and purple rock have been in the tank for a few months.  I added the I hope has fullied cucled based on my tests results.

If you plan to add sand, then that would be a good next step. Rinse it off really well so that your tank clears faster. I just added reef flakes (http://premiumaquatics.com/products/tropic-eden-reefflakes-aragonite-sand-30lb.html) to my 90g. Really nice stuff and worth the cost.

The type of coral you plan to keep is based on your lighting. You can probably add a few easy corals (e.g softies and zoas etc) if your light is reef capable. Adding fish should go slowly. I would greatly encourage a QT tank! I just lost 6 fish that were in a QT due to ich and likely an internal parasite. I'm glad I didn't introduce them to my DT. Lots of LFS in our area. Look at some of our sponsors. Have fun and go slowly.

If you plan to add sand, then that would be a good next step. Rinse it off really well so that your tank clears faster. I just added reef flakes (http://premiumaquatics.com/products/tropic-eden-reefflakes-aragonite-sand-30lb.html) to my 90g. Really nice stuff and worth the cost.

The type of coral you plan to keep is based on your lighting. You can probably add a few easy corals (e.g softies and zoas etc) if your light is reef capable. Adding fish should go slowly. I would greatly encourage a QT tank! I just lost 6 fish that were in a QT due to ich and likely an internal parasite. I'm glad I didn't introduce them to my DT. Lots of LFS in our area. Look at some of our sponsors. Have fun and go slowly.

so you are saying that you purchased 6 new fish and quarantined them first and they died?

How much flakes did you get for your 90?

I bought 4 small fish and added them into a tank I had a couple clowns in. I used it as a QT separate from my main display to minimize my risk. Unfortunately, they all died. Better in that tank which I plan to sterilize and reset for another round of fish. If that happened in my DT than I wouldn't be able to add fish for a good 6-8 weeks to allow the parasite to die off.

I bought 60lbs of sand but used around 45lbs. Gave me about 1-1.5" of sand in a standard 90g which is all I wanted to help with keeping it clean. The sand grains are larger so it fills the bottom quickly.