Tan has finished cycling but...phosphates

Dario5678

(edited)

hello,

My 60 pounds of rock have finished cycling in a a closed up container with 0 nitrite and 0 ammonia.  However, the water the rock is in is reading 0.5-1.0 phosphate.  What should  do?...keep feeding the rock and doing water changes until phos goes down? Or don't worry about the phos and add to established tank ad use phos removers, cheato, etc...

Edited by Dario5678

Is your tank established? Like been up for longer than this rock you've been cycling separately? I personally wouldn't add it until I figured out where the phosphates are coming from...

are you using RO/DI water to mix your salt with?

Yes I am using rodi water to mix my salt and I tested it for phoshates  and got a zero reading.

Is your tank established? Like been up for longer than this rock you've been cycling separately? I personally wouldn't add it until I figured out where the phosphates are coming from...

The tank I am putting t in is established.  Its a 90 gallon with about 12 pounds of live rock and 2 small clowns.

Do you think the phosphates are coming out of the rock or the container that your curing them in?

hmmm, dont know...its one of hose plastic garbage can from lowes...how would you check for that