Questions: Coral QT and Angler Fish

Squishie89

(edited)

I will be setting up a tank soon to get ready for MACNA. It will be used to QT corals and inverts. I plan on QTing a little bit of everything; softies, small LPS (trumpet, chalice), big LPS (scoly's, wellsos, brains) and SPS. I am going to just use HOB filtration, at least 1 "regular" HOB filter with sponges in it, and possibly add a skimmer later on if needed. It will either be a 20L I already have or I might bump it up to a 30g (more room for corals).

Now I want to keep some fish/1 fish in this tank to help keep the bioload up in the tank, as my main goal with the QTing of the corals is to find any super sneaky pests before they make it into my main system (like hydroids), so I want to keep the tank on the dirtier side so they show that much quicker. I have always wanted an angler fish and I think it would be a good fit for this tank. However I worry about him (the angler) perching on corals and either killing/harming corals or corals harming him (especially the big LPS). I was going to add rock and fake coral for him to hide in, it wont look like a basic frag tank. Is this plausible or is this a dream that just can't happen?

Edited by Squishie89