Need advice on Zoas

eddiev0008

Turn them down. If there mushed down flat there too intense. Start low and work your way up until the zoas stop reaching for the light and look like a natural position. But It may not even be light at all.

How deep is your tank? If less than 20 inches I'd say turn your lights down to 50% if more than they should be okay and it could be something else? Can you get a picture if the zoas with your blues turned down? I've not seen zoas bleach out from lights, but it could happen if they came from somewhere darkish and put under there...

How deep is your tank? If less than 20 inches I'd say turn your lights down to 50% if more than they should be okay and it could be something else? Can you get a picture if the zoas with your blues turned down? I've not seen zoas bleach out from lights, but it could happen if they came from somewhere darkish and put under there...

Me either..

But I've never really tryed to cook them either though. if it's in the cadlight 70. And if you have two xr30s turn them back down to what smallreef said 50%

70% at about 15-17" may be a bit much. I think you should back it down to 50% and re evaluate if they still keep doing what they are then it is more than likely not lighting. Could you post a picture on what they look like?

Edited by khh27

Thats interesting they are bleaching and not just closing up. I bleached some a long time ago using peroxide. Hopefully cutting your lights back helps them out.

Thats interesting they are bleaching and not just closing up. I bleached some a long time ago using peroxide. Hopefully cutting your lights back helps them out.

Dipped radioactive greens in peroxide and saw them change to a pale green. My zoas grow like crazy under 150w MH. 

009f6a7cb99225627e2426340e0b5655.jpg28d32e94f7fc4704330108ced299426d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry used my iPhone for the pictures I have my lights on for about 7-10 am all blue 11-4 at 14k 5-7 al blue off at 7pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk