Saddleback's fins look bad. What is it?

Joshwaggs

The pictures arent great, but they give a decent look. I know it isnt fin rot and I know it isnt bejng nipped at. So far, the other fish dont have it. His fins have looked like this for a couple months. He eats almost as much as the tang, and seems healthy. chucks addiction had a picture that looked similar and it said it was a virus. Does anyone know what it is?

2a1ce567107acc446c1df7e25160a581.jpg

c73267d5426633b21714cab86406fae2.jpg

That's what I thought, too; but a little white spot appeared on his side a few weeks ago. You can see it in both pictures. It looks like it is on his fin, but it isn't. I watched the fish and the only one that nips is the saddleback. He goes after the ocellaris. The tang doesn't bother anything unless they go in his cave.

I would say take him out and stick him in a hospital tank...

Something is definently causing some fin erosion and that white spot could be ich, or something else you don't want spreading...

Edited by smallreef

I don't have a hospital tank or a quarantine tank. I don't think the white spot is ich. It is a little too big, and there is only one. It has been there for about a month and a half.

I think it might be lymphocyctis virus (chucks addiction). Have any of you seen this in your fish?

Thanks, londonloco. I have a ten gallon I can use, the problem is space. I don't have any where to put it. I know it is a stupid reason, but I just don't want a random tank around the house.

Reason I asked about the anemone is that it will provide some protection for him against bullies. The nem will give him a place to hide and the poison should keep fin nippers off of him.