150g in the city

kjamaya

Use a reservoir. Are you using an ATO pump or gravity feed. I recommend Tunze solution that said if you have an APEX use it with float switches. Your tank appears to be an Oceanic ?

Don't have APEX...I do have a RK tho. I've been using a Tsunami ATO and it's pretty simple but will definitely look into the Tunze. Not sure who makes the tank but I do know that the front is starphire. 

I love my scape but have been debating on the back part.... 

I've looked into DIY rock walls and have come up with a design.

This is what I am thinking of doing

Let me know what you think...

aquascapenew_zps462c735a.jpg

The dark "half circles" are holes in reef shelves. Light will be able to past thru spotlighting the sand where I will be placing corals.

I vote no. I think you nailed it. It looks really good and I think adding anything or subtracting anything will take away from what you have now, which looks great.

Just my opinion, but it's your tank, so do what you think you'll be happy with. You have always loved those rock walls!

I'll play devil's advocate and say that the extra rock work in the back would give you some more room to play with additional corals and that the extra biological filtration never hurt anyone. That said, I agree that you've pretty much nailed it as-is. 

Hahaha my oldest one said the same thing. Sooooo it stays.

On another note, my new geiseman power chrome t5s came in today. This was my second order with premium aquatics and won't be my last. Definitely recommend them as they have great customer service via phone or email, and ship correctly.

For bulbs I got 2 aquapink, 2 pure actinic, and 2 actinic+. Going to start the sump build tomorrow and pick up a aquablue special.

I vote no. I think you nailed it. It looks really good and I think adding anything or subtracting anything will take away from what you have now, which looks great.

Just my opinion, but it's your tank, so do what you think you'll be happy with. You have always loved those rock walls!

And you know it, but it stays.

Let your coral growth create your Reef and not your rock work. As gore the pure Atinics you won't see the pop from them i love Giesemann Atinic Plus my favorite :)