Armageddon

emissary

So yeah, just got back into town and 80% of my xenia are dead!!! Man, I've been trying to do that for a long time.

In any case, I think there's been some serious chemical warfare going on in my tank for a while. Initially it was my green sinularia... cut off a few branches and one of them has now attached to the glass and is growing again. Then my entire frogspawn looked "shredded" but I fragged it into 3, moved one to another tank and did some major water changes. Frogspawn back to normal now. Then it was my nepthea being all bummed out and pieces falling off. Now the nepthea still doesn't look so hot and most of my xenia are gone. What a couple of months! Clearly I need to get a bigger tank. And do more water changes.

Sweet

You've had a rough couple months what with GC and all, how's the new tank coming?

Gimme a shout if you need anything, i should have frags at some point soon

Oh yeah where are the pics?

Keep us posted

Anton :)

Hey Yanek, watch out! Xenia are a nitrate sponge and when they die off, they release lots of stuff back into the water. Part of the reason (IMHO) that they die off once they start to deteriorate is that they suffer from the water quality as more of them die off. Kind of like the flatworms and flatworm exit, once they die, they foul the water, once they foul the water, things generally take a turn for the worse.