Aquatinics

keeperofthefish

I just ordered the 5 bulb T5 system from Aquatinics. Tom, the owner and operator, is amazingly committed to his products. He also gives you 30 days to try them out risk free. I will let you know how the product works, but he sold me on it over the Tek lights. I'm engaged in a spirited debate about this on reefcentral right now

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...threadid=788386

There are so many faux gearheads out there who claim to know about anything without any data to back it up. Maybe I'm among them!

I received the unit, 48" 5x54watt T5. It is absolutely everything Tom said it would be. My first impressions are that it makes the light coming off of a 2 x 250w MH setup seem trite. This thing give you a sun tan. I don't have the tank up and running, but will by week's end. I'm thinking that clams on the sand bed will be no problem--now I just have to get enough flow for SPS and I think I'm set. If anyone is considering T5 units, please feel free to contact me about the extensive research I've done (including sending a few units back, not pleased with them). For the money, Aquatinics beats everything out there--it's now confirmed

Good thread, definately a lively discussion (a good thing IMHO).

:lol: To a certain extent we're all faux gear heads (there are few right answers in this hobby)

I'd like to see the PAR of this unit VS a 6 bulb TEK unit - interesting, no?

FWIW - I have a 2 bulb Finnex & the output is pretty high for much the same reason. While not individual reflectors like the ones in question here the bulbs are in a arc which cuts down on re-strike.......once again, no clear cut answers.

Check out BRK - John is carrying T5 gear, and can order most anything. SUPPORT your Local LFS!

T5s rule!