Apexfusion Iphone app question

Hminor00

I just upgraded my iphone and now my app wont connect. is there something i need to do to get it working again on new phone. not sure what i had as my host IP

to connect from outside you would need your public IP address. Did you ever use anything like no-ip.biz to control a dynamic public IP address

also with apex fusion you don't even need to do any of this since you can just browse to the apex fusion site and connect to you controller. that way the app isn't needed anymore...i still use the app at times as a 2nd way to get to it usually from my phone when i want to control something

^+1. Home cable internet IP addresses are dynamic but they usually don't change very often. You could setup port forwarding on your router to direct incoming requests to the Apex but Fusion is much easier and you wouldn't have to worry about Comcast randomly changing your IP.

Since you said you upgraded your iphone and the app wont work I am going to assume it did work with the old iphone.

If you were getting a bad gateway error message yesterday that was not on your end it was on the fusion end.

I have never had a problem where I needed to use port forwarding or anything like that with fusion, just make sure your apex module is using a static IP from the router.  That is your LAN IP probably something like 192.168.x.x.  The WAN IP can change mine does all the time with no issues.