Kribensis

Guest grottosandfins

Guest grottosandfins

My cichlid Kribensis has killed one of the 3 females in my tank and is harassing another one. Any ideas?

well,

uh this is a saltwater and reef site and im not sure if your allowed to ask these questions here. maybe you want to try looking on petfish.net or a freshwater based site?

I do have great knowledge of chiclids and have been breeding kribs for years but Im sorry to say you have come to the wrong furom

sorry we could't help you :bigcry:

Guest Yomeister66

As Michael stated, this is a reef forum, and as such we are unable to process any type of fresh water questions

However.....hypothetically speaking....if you would present this question on a fresh water forum.....I would venture to guess that they would advice you to create hiding places for your female kribensis........

somebody might even volunteer information about how they took a small clay flowerpot, hit it with a hammer on the side to remove a small piece (large enough to let the female in, small enough to keep the male out), then put it upside down in the substrate (Of course, if you do that, you might have to check your overflows and filters because all of a sudden you might find some kribensis fry in there).

Like I said..that's all just speculation, even though that's what happened to me several years back. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm supposed to go quail hunting with **** Cheney and I can't remember where I stored my kevlar body armor (-:

As Michael stated, this is a reef forum, and as such we are unable to process any type of fresh water questions

However.....hypothetically speaking....if you would present this question on a fresh water forum.....I would venture to guess that they would advice you to create hiding places for your female kribensis........

somebody might even volunteer information about how they took a small clay flowerpot, hit it with a hammer on the side to remove a small piece (large enough to let the female in, small enough to keep the male out), then put it upside down in the substrate (Of course, if you do that, you might have to check your overflows and filters because all of a sudden you might find some kribensis fry in there).

Like I said..that's all just speculation, even though that's what happened to me several years back. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm supposed to go quail hunting with **** Cheney and I can't remember where I stored my kevlar body armor (-:

53556[/snapback]

hahahahaha lol

take yomeister's advice it's true!

For a forum, there's either Greater washington aquatic plants association http://www.gwapa.org

or Potomac Valley Aquarium Society (PVAS) (this is bigger)

You would really benefit by joining either group and meet others "Freshies" to share and exchange with or buy from.

For a local store, call Fins and Feathers in Broadlands, and ask for Sean.

FF

PVAS is the group you want to talk to.

When 2 cichlids pair-off their tolerance of anything else in the tank, especially their own kind, goes waaaay down. I'd move them out.

Kind of like asking your wife if your old girlfriend can come live with you :blink: