ID on bug and white spots on tank glass

Newms118

I have two items that I wanted to see if anyone could help me identify. The first looks like some type of bug thats on the glass in my overflow:

Strange Bug

The second are these white spots that appear on my aquarium glass.  Some of them are small dots, others little swirls.  When I run my algae scrapper over them, its pretty hard to brush them off.  Are these some type of eggs?  

White spots 1

White spots 2

The top pic is a pineapple sponge. Mostly harmless unless you touch it as it has sharp needles on the end.

The other pics look like spirorbis worms.

Both are great filter feeders that help to keep the tank water clean.

The top pic is a pineapple sponge. Mostly harmless unless you touch it as it has sharp needles on the end.

The other pics look like spirorbis worms.

Both are great filter feeders that help to keep the tank water clean.

Ha what a fitting name for the sponge.  I just started using sponge power bc one of my sponges from my TBS shipment wasn't looking too good.  So far my sponges have been looking denser if that makes any sense, hope thats for the better.  

For the white dots, are you saying they are eggs that the worms come from, or the worms sit in these dots?  Also, do flatworms lay eggs?

The white things you see are the calcium based spiral tubes the worms make and live in.

Flatworm reproduction differs depending on the species. Some are sexual and some are asexual and others can do both. Those that are sexual can either lay eggs or store the eggs inside them until they hatch.