Power out again!!!!

Jarosh

Yep power crapped out again today for ~2hrs, nothing like on X-mas eve when I was a little less prepared. I admit back on Dec 24th, I had everything I needed, but I just needed to be present to set it up, which luckliy I was. I was also here for the current power blip, but this time the tanks took care of themselves. And the thanks go to this little inexpensive baby

Silent Air B11 Air Pump

You plug it into an outlet and basically when the power goes out the pump comes on. It then runs on the D Battery. The first time I used it I had this thing going for 8+ hours on the same battery. It could prbably go for 16+hrs on the same battery. Just enough insurance for when you are a way from home.

Yea...Those things are great, I was told to have one for every 30 gallons. Also I was told that they work alot better(move the water around) if you remove the sandstone and just leave the air rush out in large bubbles. The sound of the the little airpump coming on made me go and check my nano one night after the lights were out, here I blew a fuse and would have never known till the morning if it wasn't for that little pump kicking on.

Nice one. Why is this brand so cheap compared to the others? And has the added battery function. I was always a little supicous when having to fork out 30 buck for a lousy airpump.

FF

Not sure why it's so cheap, but it works great. Maybe they aren't trying to sell something that cost them $1.00 to make for $30.00 It gives me a peace of mind while at work or away from the house.

They are also made very well. For example I had a differnt type of battery operated air pump that I used that night on x-mas eve and well to make a long story short the darn plastic spindle inside snapped off. Leaving me with 1 air pump for 2 tanks. This pump has a metal spindle and more importantly the auto on feature when the power drops out.