MH not working

kysmith

Hey guys my 175W MH isn't working over my 29, could someone let me borrow their bulb for a few hours so I can narrow down the possible problems? I'd be happy to return the favor in one way or another. For example I'm a homebrewer and if you like beer I could hook up a few pints of my upcoming pale ale :D

Few things before you running out for a bulb. They might look like dumb questions, but sometimes they are the reason why things don;t work.

Have you checked the following:

Is the Ballast Connected to the wall outlet?

Is the outlet powered AC 120V

Is the ballast powered?

Is there current (AMP) from the ballast out to the bulb?

Is the bulb broken?

Is the sucket wired correctly?

Have you used a meter to test your wires, sucket, and ballast?

If you can quickly run down this questions, physically inspect the results, and answer NO to all the above, then you can run out for a bulb.. :D if you want.

Few things before you running out for a bulb.  They might look like dumb questions, but sometimes they are the reason why things don;t work.

Have you checked the following:

Is the Ballast Connected to the wall outlet?

Is the outlet powered AC 120V

Is the ballast powered?

Is there current (AMP) from the ballast out to the bulb?

Is the bulb broken?

Is the sucket wired correctly?

Have you used a meter to test your wires, sucket, and ballast?

If you can quickly run down this questions, physically inspect the results, and answer NO to all the above, then you can run out for a bulb.. :D  if you want.

49426[/snapback]

Yeah it's usually the simple things isn't it. I'm pretty good with cars so my friends often ask me to look at their car before they take it to a mechanic. I had one friend who's car wouldn't start. I looked at the gas gauge first and told him to put some gas in it bc he was on empty and his starter sounded fine. He didn't listen and had it towed :wall: sure enough he was out of gas.

I got it fired up, I'm not sure what it was. I pulled the ballast out, yanked the top off and checked the connections, plugged it in to see if anything would happen while I did this, it started up this time :huh: guess something was loose, but I'm not sure what.

Thanks for the advise,

Kyle

(edited)

OH and if anyone is in Ballston and want to talk aquariums I'm right next to the mall, and ususally have some homebrew on tap. My tank's not impressive but I'm always working on it. 404kyle@gmail.com

Edited by kysmith