Hose Adapter for RO unit

bqq100

Anyone know if local stores carry them? Was making water tonight and had a small "water event". The quick connect fitting on the hose adapter seems like it gave way and sprayed water all over for around 15 min. Do they make them with screw fittings instead of the push connect? Good thing it's in the laundry room with a drain in the floor or the wife would have killed me.

Yes, if you are talking about the 1/4" hose, Lowe's sells compression fittings for those.  RO/DI systems use the same tubing as icemaker water lines for refrigerators, so hardware stores sell the fittings.

Yes, if you are talking about the 1/4" hose, Lowe's sells compression fittings for those. RO/DI systems use the same tubing as icemaker water lines for refrigerators, so hardware stores sell the fittings.

One of these in 3/8. I don't think I've ever seen them in Lowes or Home depot before.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/mur-lok-garden-hose-utility-sink-adapter.html

Personally, I think that push to connect fittings are less likely to leak than threaded fittings. Perhaps yours wasn't pushed in all the way?

I think push connects are less likely to leak at a drip rate. But I feel like threaded fittings are less likely to be affected by movement/pulling on the tubing and spraying all over the place. Last week I moved my RO unit and I think the tubing got pulled at an awkward angle at the fitting. I tried readjusting the tubing and making sure it was all the way in but it still sprays water at the fitting.

Well turns out it was the hose that was damaged, not the fitting.  I trimmed 1/2" off the end, reinserted the fitting and it's leak free again.