AI sol blue ?'s

kjamaya

I've been doing some research and need to know from AI users that are currently using sol blues on sps tanks. 

I'll be using my SOL over my frag tank which will be housing mostly sps and would like to know if you use any type of supplemental lights to cover light spectrum like violet, red, green, that SOL doesnt have? 

Thanks a bunch

I run Sol's over my display and do not supplement with other spectrum LED's. A good friend of mine also runs the same lights. We are both getting growth and color similar to when he was running T5's and I was running 250w Radiums. I've seen a lot of theoretical information which suggests the extra spectrums help but have yet to see any quantifiable evidence of this being true.

I know it's quite a drive, but you're welcome to come by and I can show you my tank. 

Thanks for the invite may pm you next time I travel up to Baltimore. Can you upload some photos of your tank specifically the sps and colors?
Thanks again

I run Sol's over my display and do not supplement with other spectrum LED's. A good friend of mine also runs the same lights. We are both getting growth and color similar to when he was running T5's and I was running 250w Radiums. I've seen a lot of theoretical information which suggests the extra spectrums help but have yet to see any quantifiable evidence of this being true.

I know it's quite a drive, but you're welcome to come by and I can show you my tank.
Edited by Coral Hind
corrected quote

Thanks for the invite may pm you next time I travel up to Baltimore. Can you upload some photos of your tank specifically the sps and colors?

Thanks again

+1 love when I ran them on my tank. How about you (K)

Edited by Coral Hind
corrected quote

That tank is awesome. But I had a question. I thought that the flow in the tank with all that SPS seemed to be a lot less than one would expect? Am i way off target or was the flow maybe reduced to just shoot the video ?

+1 love when I ran them on my tank. How about you (K)

Well, when I first used them I had some pieces die on me. It was user fault especially when it fell in my tank.....

That tank is awesome. But I had a question. I thought that the flow in the tank with all that SPS seemed to be a lot less than one would expect? Am i way off target or was the flow maybe reduced to just shoot the video ?

I think the flow looked fine to me but I was always on the more gentle side of flow in my reef tanks. The softies had good movement to them in the video. Maybe you are use to seeing too much flow.