Need Help With Catching a Sailfin Tang

jjenkins211

I got a Sailfin tang from a friend that rescued it but did not have room in his tank for it. So I agreed to take it and upon having it in my tank for a month it bullies the other fish around and pecks at my chalices and acros when I feed. The other fish barely get food also. He is to large for my tank and I have tried to catch him but I have to make acros and ended up knocking frags off and into pieces. So I have two dilemmas ...... 1. How do I catch this fish that is causing havoc in my tank without destroying my acros and rock work? 2. I also need to find someone to take him.

Any input would be appreciated!

Just went through this. I took my rockwork out and put in rubbermaid containers while I cornered. They also make fish traps, and there are presented home made fish traps out of 2ltrs floating about.

Do you have any breaks in your rockwork from front to back?  I got a couple pieces of thin acrylic and will chase the fish on to one side of the tank and put the acrylic pieces in as a false wall.  I've had to take some rock work out to get the fish, but it really narrows down the area you have to work with.  Let me know if you need to borrow them.