MOVING NEW PLACE

reef addict

I'm about to move to a new place. My concern is how to safely move my livestocks. My plan is to set up my 210gl to the new place, use at least 30-40% of salt water from the old tank, and acclimanate for 2-3 days, before moving my livestocks. Is this the safest way to do it? Is it enought time to acclimate, using 30-40% water from the old tank? Also, currently using AI color vega, but during transistion, I will set up MH. Should I acclimate them also, switching from LED to MH?

Appreciate any advice.

Personally, I would move all the LR and some of the water then make new water to fill, give it a day or 2 then check #s...

Probably be good since its a large volume of water..

Assuming you follow the basic protocol when setting up a system, such as electrical, tank level, leak test tank and plumbing, etc.

I would not worry about transporting old water. Start 100% new water, new sand bed and live rock. If using a sand bed, use two cups of old sand to seed new sand bed. Check big four parameters (S, Ca2, Alk, and Mg). Acclimate inverts and acclimate corals to new lighting scheme.

Also, now is a good time to quarantine and treat fish if needed.

Edited by ridetheducati

• 4 weeks later...