GHA - Our Newest Cat Toy

LCDRDATA

My 55 gallon FOWLR we set up for Erastus the 30" snowflake moray has supported luxurious GHA growth on the aquascape :angry: which up to now I hadn't been able to put much of a dent in. However, I recently added a large sump with chaeto, and during the last water change I noticed that much of the GHA was finer and less well attached to the rock. So last night I got out my long (~25') siphon, ran one end into my sump through a filter sock, and started vacuuming. Normally I'd have put the extra coiled length down in the sump, but last night it was a little crowded so I left it on the back of the couch. Before too long my wife wanted to get my attention (I was focused inside the tank), as our large, 15 pound gray cat Shadow had spotted the green balls whizzing through the coils of the clear tubing and was trying to catch them! :laugh: Obviously he wasn't going to succeed, but that didn't stop him, and this went on more or less continually for about 30 minutes. I'll try to get some pics on my build thread next time, but I thought folks might get a kick out of this.

Very cool, both my cat help me with tank maintenance.

Our tank sits in our family room next to a couch which my wife's can loves to sit on the arm rest right next to the tank. He constantly bats at the fish swimming by, and it has gotten to the point where the fish now mess with him by all swimming up in a group staring at him while he is helpless in getting at them.

Never realized fish could have such attitudes.... LOL