Y'all looked at this company yet? derKroon

Chad

I ran across a link to some of their stuff today. Pretty stuff, but it's at a high premium!

http://www.derkroon.com/store/

Hey Dan and Justin... how about a locally manufactured in Virginia version? ;)

Our sights are set on more interesting products, I promise :)

We made a prototype of a motorized flow switching manifold about 6 months ago, except it was designed to generate a standing wave via closed loop pump. We haven't gone any further with it since I feel that prop powerheads are just too efficient and easy compared to closed loops. There's no significant market for it. As for the biopellet reactor, there are a million out there and they all work pretty much the same. I don't want to put any more brainpower into reinventing that wheel.

Their lanthanum reactor is novel, but I remember reading that lanthanum chloride can be toxic to corals. I suppose if it flocculates and is removed immediately it wouldn't be as much of an issue.

While I fully agree that the in-tank propellor power heads are super effecient and rightfully have the most attention right now. I am curious how higher efficiency and controllable DC pumps will change the game.

The Waveline DC pumps are probably the most affordable of the efficient DC pumps out there. We have a few of each at the shop that we've been testing on different applications. They still can't move anywhere near the amount of water that a DC prop pump can. We have successfully put a prop on a waveline though...it rocks!

Not to mention, all the plumbing is such a pain. I had a closed loop Dart on a 4-way OM which worked pretty well and reliably, but the plumbing was constantly in the way.