Live rock source?

wade

Does anyone have any recommendations for live rock sources they've personally had really good results with in the past year?

I am looking for good quality rock that isn't dense as cannonballs (some of the FL stuff can be, but is ok if priced well). Some base rock, some nicer peices - probably around 100-150 lbs.

Any recommendations? This will be for a brand new tank, so I'm not too concerned with curing, so long as it hasn't been left to rot in a box for weeks.

Joy @ Premium Aquatics used to have good stuff, but that was years ago.

Last time I bought live rock from a store was at Fish World in Richmond. They are have some really nice rock and usually keep several hundred pounds on hand well cured. And decently priced.

We went to That Fish Place in Lancaster PA. (2 hour drive from Leesburg) Cheapest price around and no major issues since August 2012 when we purchased it. We did 1/2 live 1/2 dead

http://www.thatpetplace.com/

This was before we joined WAMAS so not sure on their thoughts of this place and if we were just lucky. They have all types of live and dead rock.

(edited)

Thanks Huly. I had no idea they had a storefront. That actually isn't too far away either - if nothing else, might be worth checking out.

Offtopic - Clemson football huh? I graduated there in 1995.

Edited by wade

Thanks Huly. I had no idea they had a storefront. That actually isn't too far away either - if nothing else, might be worth checking out.

Offtopic - Clemson football huh? I graduated there in 1995.

IT IS HUGE! Like disneyland for a Pet owner :)

Really? I went to CofC my brother went to Clemson. I was born and raised in Charleston SC so needless to say I was bred to be a Tiger fan :) I do not own a photo of my dad with out something orange LOL. Pez is a Terp fan so saturday's in my house is interesting to say the least. I did take him to Death Valley for an FSU vs Clemson game and he admitted that MD football sucks compared to down there LOL We went to a Clemson MD game here and well that was probably the one time we almost got divorced LOL

PA still has the best rock that I've come across. I've been buying there the last couple years. The Manado really is fantastic.