Tuning the CS1

SaltLife

How do i know when i have reached a optimum level in the skimmer? Will bubbles slowly flow over into the cup or will bubbles pop right before it touches the tip of he neck inside the collection cup?

It seems that at the top of all the bubbles the bubbles there are some what large. Is this normal?

Edited by SaltLife

it depends on your skimmer, most skimmers can be adjusted to have smaller bubbles and the height in the neck can be adjusted so they pop at thte top of the neck which makes the skimmate go into your cup.... I prefer to skim a bit wet so I have larger bubbles... if you want dryer skimmate (more concentrated goo) you can get the bubbbles smaller...

How do i know when i have reached a optimum level in the skimmer? Will bubbles slowly flow over into the cup or will bubbles pop right before it touches the tip of he neck inside the collection cup?

It seems that at the top of all the bubbles the bubbles there are some what large. Is this normal?

Adjust the water level in the skimmer so the top of the foam level is right around the neck union. That leaves about 3" of extra height for the sticky foam that will be collected. The bubbles should look like a milky foam when viewed looking down into the neck tube with the skimmer lid off. If they look big, check your salinity- are you by chance running it in fresh water for cleanout after building it?

Justin