Corner tank powerhead placement

BMW1600

I have struggled with powerhead placement in my sumpless 54 gallon bowfront/corner tank and I want to fix it for good.

It has an Octopus Bakpak skimmer hanging on a back side. My guess is 150-200gph on that.

I started out with some underpowered junk powerhead from the previous owner. Then I put in Koralia 750. Still not enough flow so I tried an additional 1400. No matter what it blows everything around, shifts sand, etc. Tried pointing it straight at the 750 and the 1400 was still too much flow. Now the 1400 is on a timer to go on a couple times a day for maybe 30 min.

I have slowly let my cleanup crew die off so I need to keep the water moving to avoid debris buildup.

Should I get another 750 and aim them at each other? Maybe a 1050? Any other placement advice on a bowfront would be appreciated.

Dave

Without a picture of the tank I would suggest aiming the 1400 at something. You could put it near the bottom of the tank and angle it upward aimed at the front glass, or a rock. That should help keep it from blowing the sand around, and it would be keeping waste going where you want it (up into the filter).