Thank You, Tank Update, and Questions

Huly

Not in my lifetime! I was not inducted into PFUFA for the Redskins to have that color in my house! I think that would make me sick every day :tongue: :laugh:

LOL, I wondered when you were gonna say something on this one since you gave me H-E-double hockey sticks for my blue and silver coffee cup yesterday =P.

As for the new pics...yep that is your steel i-beam and Tom was on the money as to where it runs. The most ideal wall for a future larger tank would be that wall running parallel in front of the stairs. This would put you virtually directly above the steel I-Beam AND run you perpendicular across several joists. You could safely fit a bigger tank here. Running your tank where it is currently you are running parallel with 1, maybe 2 joists under the tank...not a good combination for a larger tank at all without structural reinforcement underneath.

I don't know if you design of the living area allows a new tank to go where the stairs wall is or not. Another option that is better than current, but not as good as this alternative is to run a longer tank OUT from the wall where your tank currently is. This would allow it to run perpendicular to the joists. Design wise it could function as a peninsula tank and depending on your furnishings could act as a quasi "room divider" if you wanted a little more private nook back in the corner.

Taking the virtual tour of the basement now. That black square on the floor plan definitely looks to be a jack screw. It shows up in the virtual tour as a pillar in the middle of the room. Definitely a sign.

Christie loves this, I'm sure. Move the tank. Replan the colors. All from a bunch of guys who's strength and concern probably isn't decorating. :clap:

(Just noticed that you posted images. Unfortunately, they're blocked from where I'm at.)

Actually Pez and I have no clue if we were to go bigger could we do it because when it comes to this stuff we honestly have no clue!

These are the floor joists. TJI If I remember correctly they are the 110 or 210

www.woodbywy.com/document/tj-4000/

http://www.woodbywy.com/products/trus-joist/tji-joists/

LOL, I wondered when you were gonna say something on this one since you gave me H-E-double hockey sticks for my blue and silver coffee cup yesterday =P.

As for the new pics...yep that is your steel i-beam and Tom was on the money as to where it runs. The most ideal wall for a future larger tank would be that wall running parallel in front of the stairs. This would put you virtually directly above the steel I-Beam AND run you perpendicular across several joists. You could safely fit a bigger tank here. Running your tank where it is currently you are running parallel with 1, maybe 2 joists under the tank...not a good combination for a larger tank at all without structural reinforcement underneath.

I don't know if you design of the living area allows a new tank to go where the stairs wall is or not. Another option that is better than current, but not as good as this alternative is to run a longer tank OUT from the wall where your tank currently is. This would allow it to run perpendicular to the joists. Design wise it could function as a peninsula tank and depending on your furnishings could act as a quasi "room divider" if you wanted a little more private nook back in the corner.

Adam- you know I was going to say something :) I just can't help myself :) Even Pez's jeep is Redskins and used in parades for Hogettes, cheerleaders etc.

In front of the stairs is the walkway to the kitchen LOL As for running perpendicular I do not think we could in that room as we have a full sectional wrapping around the kitchen side and on the other side of the tank would be another couch. The back wall of that room is the fireplace and TV media etc.

LOL, my landlord is a niners fan and so the office I'm sitting in is in puke yellow and red, makes me ill

I torture my boss! He is a VT aumn and I am from SC and a die hard clemson fan. So I have Clemson stuff at my desk. I get told it creates a hostile work enviroment