VorTech MP10 W EcoSmart Driver

Reefoholic

Hey everyone,

After a long break (changing jobs, super busy schedule and a dusting of laziness caused by exhaustion at the end of the day when I finally got home after 12-hour work days) I am taking charge of my algae ruled, long neglected tank.

Of course, something must have had to go wrong that my VorTech MP10 EcoSmart (NOT Wireless) driver died for no reason. I have written to VorTech Support with only one response asking for the serial number of my unit and haven't heard from them ever since. Thus, I have decided to fix this issue myself.

Since my MP10 does not work now, I have added 2 power heads to compensate for loss of current. The flow seems to be fine and everyone in the tank looks happy for the most part but I REALLY need to find a replacement driver.

I am on the market for a new or used VorTech MP10 W EcoSmart Driver.

Please let me know if you have any spare one for sale, or if you would like to upgrade or have upgraded from a VorTech MP10 to a bigger version and wanna make some cash on your old equipment.

Either PM or reply to this message.

I will post some pics of my sadly neglected tank when I am done cleaning the algae.

Matt

Matt: Echotech has a pretty good website: click on support and fill out the repair form. You then print that form and enclose in a box and write the RMA number from the form on the outside of the box and ship it to them. They will call you usually within 24h of receipt and, even if not under warranty or was caused by water damage, can fix it for much cheaper even than a used replacement. They are in PA so shipping to/from is pretty fast. Even if you do get a used replacemebt one, repair your old one and sell it for a proft even after the repair costs.

(edited)

Hey Steve,

Thanks for your reply. I have looked into that actually but it only gives me an option to list the pump for return which I believe works just fine. I think the problem is the controller. See my attached screen shot:

8441711157_bebc4cef7b_z.jpg

Should I select the pump but send the driver instead?

Thanks again and go 49ers!!!!

Matt

Matt: Echotech has a pretty good website: click on support and fill out the repair form. You then print that form and enclose in a box and write the RMA number from the form on the outside of the box and ship it to them. They will call you usually within 24h of receipt and, even if not under warranty or was caused by water damage, can fix it for much cheaper even than a used replacement. They are in PA so shipping to/from is pretty fast. Even if you do get a used replacemebt one, repair your old one and sell it for a proft even after the repair costs.

Edited by Reefoholic