Another LED thread

BMW1600

My luck is impeccable; right when I decide to buy a new light, I see that I missed the Evergrow GB by a couple days. LOL

I was thinking about the IT2080 - it's probably more than I need for a 54g bowfront, but I figure if I expand tanks I can still use it.

I understand there are a million ways to set these up, but I'd appreciate advice as to whether I should just get the stock light configuration with 90 degree optics, not having enough experience to form strong lighting preferences. Tank is mostly LPS.

Also, they come up on a few sites...any links "more legit" than others?

Thanks!

Dave

i or one of the other guys will be organizing another GB pretty soon to get all the folks that didn't make this one and the new-comers like yourself involved. so if you're able/willing to wait for an early march delivery, you can't beat the product at that price and i would encourage you to join.

information on the light, various setups, etc can be found in any of the evergrow threads on here but more specifically and abundant is the information on RC through the links i posted on the original post of the lastest groupbuy.

g'luck!

Thanks, I appreciate it. I don't know if I can wait that long :o

I have long popped into and out of the various "Chinese LED" threads on RC, but it just got to be information overload.

A maxspect RAZOR is 400/500 so unless you are getting one of these from a group buy

dont spent the money on a reefbreeders light when you can get a RAZOR for 400.00.

You may want to wait... alot of people near you are getting the Evergrow lights, and you will be able to see them in person in 2-3 weeks...(im in woodbridge and would LOVE to show you mine when I get them and set them up)

I too felt like it was WAY to much info, had to weed through the just commenting posts and really only read peoples opinions that either had or had seen the units..... but just think of it this way.. how many pages/threads are dedicated to these LEDs vice some of the more expensive ones? doesnt that have to say something?

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I kept having recession on some of my stony fellas, and my stupid thick skull finally figured that (1) the temporary, worn-out actinic that replaced a DOA ATI actinic, and (2) the half-dead/flickering ATI actinic on my four bulb fixture were probably the culprit. Rather than buy new bulbs for a few weeks I went ahead and got this bad boy:

http://reefbreeders.com/it2060.html

Came yesterday. WOW is this thing nice. It's just a completely different tank. The programming is intuitive, easy, and powerful. The remote is nice. The unit appears to be very well made.

incidentally the DAY I ordered this I came home to this incredibly loud noise over my tank. It was one of the cooling fans on my Deep Blue fixture. Ha. It must have known.

Dave