I wanna build my own nano what do I need

wardragonet

Ok I seen Capsfan post where he made a 2.5g nano and I wanted to make this 5.5g into a nano. I was gonna do a AIO but don't exactly know what I would need. I seen the powerhead but no filter. I need a lil schooling on this lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

post-2633469-135337260995_thumb.jpg

I guess what im asking is would I need a filter or would the powerhead be enough for water movement? Im thinking of having zoas, mushrooms, sexy shrimp, CUC, and a fish or two

I would say an HOB filter on the back (i like em big enough to put a small media bag in) and run some chemipure or carbon should be good...

you could put a nano koralia in it but you will still probably want the ability to add stuff incase you get any phos. or nitrates and those are stilll fairly big and bulky...

So I don't need to build a overflow like I seen on capsfan? Or is it either a hob filter or overflow?

The HOB will pull water from the tank into the filter on the back where you can put carbon, rock rubble, macros, etc. Do a quick good search on Aqua Clear mods.

Ok I'll check, I knew how hob's work but seeing tanks without filters and just overflow tanks and powerheads blew my mind lol. I didn't know if guys put bags of carbon in the overflow, thanks a lot for the help I appreciate it