could my toadstool be releasing toxins?

nbgen12

Everything in my tank has been improving nicely, but since the addition of a toadstool leather followed by a 6 hour power outage caused by Sandy, one of my zoa frags and some of my lps has been looking a little unhappy. Toadstool looks great, my birdsnests look fine.

Tested parameters:

Ca: 430

Alk: 8.3

Mg: 1410

Ammonia: 0

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: Lower than 1

Phosphates: not sure because salifert sucks, but I know its in a lower range because of several good sized water changes since the poweroutage

I also tested copper which was also 0

Additional info:

- my tds was reading 001. I hadn't changed the carbon filter for over 6 months and the DI Resin which looked pretty expired. Could some chloramines have slipped into the water?

I'm just confused as to why this is going on with everything steadily moving into the correct ranges. I even finally have coraline algae growing on the powerheads now which I figured was a good sign, but the looks of some of the lps is singing a different song.

Everytime I think things are rolling forward, something seems to throw a stick in my spokes. Rollin with the punches...

Anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing these issues?

I wasn't running carbon but i have been the last 4 days or so but haven't noticed anything yet....I'm getting ready to do a good sized water change tonight or tomorrow and see what happens.

I haven't seen anything picking at the corals and spend a good deal of time inspecting.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

The large water change is a good idea. Have you done anything lately to increase light on the coral like change bulbs or increase the photo-period? Increased light on LPS and Zoas can make them less open and look unhappy until they adjust to the increased light.

(edited)

yes, but i changed out 2 bulbs on my 6 bulb t-5 setup after I everything started to look a little unhappy, so it's really tough to tell. I dropped the photo period back a little with the bulb change which was about 5 days ago roughly.

Edited by nbgen12