Need some help with a tank move

davelin315

The Floris library tank is most likely getting a new home in a procedure waiting room at Children's Hospital in Fairfax! That said, I'm looking for a team of volunteers to move the tank. I am starting a new job next week and also just had some minor surgery which prevents me from doing any lifting for awhile and we haven't yet nailed down the transfer of the tank. If anyone is available during the day to move the tank, please let me know. It would have to be during the day and on a weekday as the school is only open 9-5 during the week right now. Again, I'd be unable to help due to current physical limitations and starting a new job (more on that soon!). Please let me know if you're available for this move in this thread, thanks!

Sorry, Floris ES is located in Herndon, VA. Closest main roads are Frying Pan and 28. It's probably a 30 minute trip from one place to the next. The tank is a 90 gallon with a stand, sump, and lights and a skimmer. It's got a bunch of rock in there, some powerheads, and some other equipment.

By any chance is the tank going to Fairfax Inova on Gallows rd.?

We have spent many long hours & days there.

Hey Guys, sorry about the delay - if you can help this upcoming week hopefully this can get moved. Again, I am unable to move it now due to work but Rob has volunteered to move it and I'm hoping that we can get this done. Please let Rob and I know if you can help out and I'll leave it up to Rob to determine a time to do it. I can offer my trailer to move it as well (uncovered but large enough for the tank, supplies, etc.). I can also provide a garbage can or two, some styros, and possibly some water containers.

• 5 weeks later...

Hospital has approved, now we are trying to schedule a time to move it.

I'll need at least 1 or 2 people to assist me in moving this, preferably one of you has a pickem-up truck or SUV.

I have a Jeep Patriot that will haul most of the stuff, but the tank will not fit.

Thanks for your help Chris.

Tank move went well into the new office in FFX. Tank will be getting some much needed upgrades and streamlining.

Watch for a build thread coming to a forum near you....