Anenome Problem

BWA_84

I just recently got a small bubble tip anenome, and for the life of me I cant position it where it dosent get pushed around the whole tank by the water flow. I think it is starting to stress it out. Any helpful advice?

Turn off your power heads then position it let it sit there and attach then feed it there and then turn on your power heads that is what I did with mine it it has stayed there for the last week.

I actually tried that...it worked for a couple of days then all of sudden he was floatining everywhere again

Well was the place you placed them directly in the flow of the water or was it off to the side of the direct flow in a calm section?

Well was the place you placed them directly in the flow of the water or was it off to the side of the direct flow in a calm section?

I thought it was the calmest section in the tank. Like I said it worked out for a couple of days....but now I have to repostion it everday. I feel bad for the little thing

hmmm I am not sure what to tell you hopefully one of the other more experienced members here will chime in.

Do you mean it will not physically stay attached to a rock or it is moving where you don't want it?

Does it attach to the rocks at all before floating around? It may have a damaged foot or rejecting the location you have it in looking for something better. Give us a little more info on the tank and a picture would help.

It attaches to the rock for a little bit but every morning it has fallen over and floated off

It sounds like it is not happy with the tank parameters or location. The info on the tank would help us help you.

its currently in a 40 gallon breder tank with live rock and fish (clown, few damsels and a few chromsis) and a hatian reef aneome that is doing just fine

BTAs can take a while to find a happy spot. I would leave the flow as low as you can until it has stayed put for several days. They like to have their foot hidden in the rocks, but they will continue to wander until they find an area with lighting and flow that they like.

Have you tried placing it and then carefully putting a curved rock 1/4 of the way on top? This provides shelter for them to attach and to withdraw into. Until mine settled, which can take a couple of weeks, it liked to hide in a crevice.

Best thing, IME, would be to leave it alone (best with the PH off). If it survives, it will do what it wants. Moving it daily is making the problem worse.