Aptasia Control

Guest Larry-T

Guest Larry-T

Well, I had an Aptasia outbreak in one of my tanks. I purchased 3 Peppermint Shrimp and turned them loose last Sunday.

This afternoon I noticed that the good-size Aptasia closest to the holes 2 of the three shrimp chose is now gone. Will keep watching for more good news.

<<** Larry **>>

Guest mightymouse

i just recently used a product by chem marin dont mmeber the name and in 3 hours my mejano was dead and floating and in 10 hours the 2 aptasia were gone id recommend this product to anyone

Guest Larry-T

If I can keep the Aptasia under control with Peppermint Shrimp, I'd rather keep using that method than any chemical treatment.

i just recently used a product by chem marin dont mmeber the name and in 3 hours my mejano was dead and floating and in 10 hours the 2 aptasia were gone id recommend this product to anyone

35866[/snapback]

Guest Larry-T

It's now been a week since I put three peppermint shrimp into my 30 gal with an Aptasia outbreak. The Aptasia are about 80% gone.

<<** Larry **>>

some times with joes juice you might have to give the larger aptasia a double shot. and you might have to jam it in them when they close up. that is what i had to do. or you can try lemon juice straight from the lemon ive heard it works on manjano too.