Opinions on my bar tank

steveoutlaw

Oh man i say you do a peninsula tank with a steup so it goes under the bar and then has a small amount resting on the bar...or so you can look down on top into the reef and rest your glasses on the bar (in a cuzzie of course haha)

thats if i had unlimited funds

i really like option 2 or 3, viewing from more angles is just fun....option 3 is pretty nice too though.

Would be nice to have a center overflow and have the bar wrap around the tank....just leave it open aquascape so you can see thru the tank....im just saying :laugh:

Fazio's set up has got me CRAVING a larger tank...its REALLLY hard...to even look at my puny 90g after seeing that monster...and his stand is freaking awesome. (hopefully he was able to get the wood mounted and my idea worked) and yes he needs to start a build thread.

I'm actually thinking about doing a combination of #2 and #3. I'm thinking about building the bar around the stand like in #2, but leave the top open so it's easier to get into the tank. I'm going to have 2 Sfiligoi 400w MH/4 24w T5 fixtures lighting is. Here's a little teaser on the tank design:

Outlaw200galFront3.jpg

Outlaw200galBack23.jpg

Outlaw200galBack3.jpg

I like the look and layout of #3 but without the T5 fixture. I really LOVE the industrial look of my Ecoxotic 50w Cannons. Like lights from a theater stage or something. I dunno you have to see them in person to know what I mean but that would look real good.