CB Banggai Cardinals

Guest oracleoca

Guest oracleoca

Good Morning All,

I am setting up my first reef tank and I would like to purchase a pair of captive bred Banggai Cardinal fish as my first fish since they are typically more docile than say clownfish. Can anyone help a newbie, please?

Thanks

Janie

GO TO ROOSENS.

DEEPBLUE

Good Morning All,

I am setting up my first reef tank and I would like to purchase a pair of captive bred Banggai Cardinal fish as my first fish since they are typically more docile than say clownfish.  Can anyone help a newbie, please?

Thanks

Janie

35449[/snapback]

Janie,

If your a member now, you can join in on the Petsolutions Order that I'm putting in on Monday. See under MEMBERS SECTION.

Howard

Roozens are all wild caught- and most will not eat - I have an extra female- if you have any ability to sex out a male- but would search online for captive bred on this species- I have a Male Bangai carrying eggs right now but will have to see how the process goes as this is only his second time to carry. PM if you are interested in seeing the pair and their habitat.

I don't know how to tell the difference between captive bred and wild caught for these, how do you know? I bought 5 for my tank about a year ago thinking they would school. Two were bullied to death and one took refuge in my sump. If I can find out if it is captive bred and catch it, you are more than welcome to the one in my sump.

Guest oracleoca
Janie,

If your a member now, you can join in on the Petsolutions Order that I'm putting in on Monday. See under MEMBERS SECTION.

Howard

35477[/snapback]

Hi Howard, Yes I am a new member but I am not ready for any livestock but please keep me in mind the next time you order. I will probably order my clean up crew than.

Thanks

Janie

Guest oracleoca
GO TO ROOSENS.

DEEPBLUE

35475[/snapback]

Hi DeepBlue, I went to Roozens about a month ago and I will never go again. I went on a Saturday and they must have received a large shipment of livestock. The tanks are overcrowded and dirty. There were many sick fish as well as dead fish, I mean large angelfish and the like. I cannot stand to see any animals harmed. They even had a bunch of fish in a styrofoam cooler which was overgwon with :o algae. That cooler could have been knocked down very easily.

Guest oracleoca
I don't know how to tell the difference between captive bred and wild caught for these, how do you know?  I bought 5 for my tank about a year ago thinking they would school.  Two were bullied to death and one took refuge in my sump.  If I can find out if it is captive bred and catch it, you are more than welcome to the one in my sump.

35483[/snapback]

Hi lmeyer, do you know if the one in your sump is a male or female? I may be interested anyway. If you kept them for a year, I would have to consider they have adapted to captivity rather well. I am looking for a male and a female. How much do you want and how big would you say it is?

Thanks

Guest oracleoca
Roozens are all wild caught- and most will not eat -  I have an extra female- if you have any ability to sex out a male- but would search online for captive bred on this species- I have a Male Bangai carrying eggs right now but will have to see how the process goes as this is only his second time to carry. PM if you are interested in seeing the pair and their habitat.

35480[/snapback]

Hi Lee, how long have you had your female cardinal and how big is it? Are you planning to breed them? I think there would be a great demand for DB cardinals just like the clowns. Please send me pics of the parents and the extra female if you do not mind.

Thanks

I raised the female form a captive bred batch that were from the brother of a WAMAS member Tom- His brother had a breeding pair in North Carolina- Michael G got 5 babies and I got four babies- they were less than 1/4 inch when I got them but already eating frozen cyclopese- I raised them for the last 15 months- and gave two back to Tom for one male that he wanted to get rid of- That male is the one who is mated to my female in the main tank. The other female I had in the sump- chased there by the other female. For the last two months I have had her in my quite corner tank with my sea horses. And just holding her to see if I ended up with another male or had the time and enjoyed the process of raising them- As I metioned up front my Male is crrying eggs right now- I unfortunately left my camera in Texas last week and will get ion in the mail somtinme next week so the pics will have to wait- I also have had trouble in the past getting them posted- So I attached and sent them via email to who ever was asking- Send me a PM with your Email address and I will work on it next week-

Hi lmeyer, do you know if the one in your sump is a male or female?  I may be interested anyway.  If you kept them for a year, I would have to consider they have adapted to captivity rather well.  I am looking for a male and a female.  How much do you want and how big would you say it is?

Thanks

35517[/snapback]

I don't get many good looks, there is a lot of rock in the sump for hiding spaces. The one in the sump is the smallest of the three, so I am guessing female. Come help me capture it and its free (or we could try to capture it if you own/can borrow a trap).

I could not sex mine before but now i can even when the male is not carrying. Though I think I would still have a hard time sexing them from a tank full of them.

Guest oracleoca
I could not sex mine before but now i can even when the male is not carrying. Though I think I would still have a hard time sexing them from a tank full of them.

35570[/snapback]

Thank you all for helping me. I found a way that I can purchase CB banggais and clownfish for that matter. I spoke with a sales person from ORA in Florida, she stated that I can ordered CB fish via Petco or any other fish store that they do business with. I then went to Petco in Gaithersburg and I explained what I wanted. So, I can order from Petco and when the fish come in, I can pick them up before they inclimate them into their display. This way, I do not have to worry about the CB fish possibly being affected by a wild caught virus. They do not segragate CB form WC in their store as are most places. This tells me then I can put my fish directly into my display. I will be getting my Tonga Henu live rock tomorrow and I plan to QT that as well. What do you think?

Thank you all for helping me.  I found a way that I can purchase CB banggais and clownfish for that matter.  I spoke with a sales person from ORA in Florida, she stated that I can ordered CB fish via Petco or any other fish store that they do business with.  I then went to Petco in Gaithersburg and I explained what I wanted.  So, I can order from Petco and when the fish come in, I can pick them up before they inclimate them into their display.  This way, I do not have to worry about the CB fish possibly being affected by a wild caught virus.  They do not segragate CB form WC in their store as are most places.  This tells me then I can put my fish directly into my display.  I will be getting my Tonga Henu live rock tomorrow and I plan to QT that as well.  What do you think?

35701[/snapback]

Just an FYI...the CB Bangaii are not always available from ORA...so it may be a short wait before you see them... There was a guy on RC in New York that was breeding them often (forgot name, sorry...but just do a search on the forums).

Now if I could just breed my blue~eyes!

Guest Larry-T

I noticed that That Pet Place has begun getting Bangais in at a fairly attractive price. Anyone have any experience with their marine fish?

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Pandora

35570[/snapback]

Lee, how's the bangaii project going? Were you ever able to catch the male to put it in the breeder tank? Just curious, wish you good luck with it... certainly keep in touch if you're successful, I'd love to get one!