10 Gallon Nano

Guest Tomsimtim

Guest Tomsimtim

Greetings,

I have set up a 10 holding tank with a PC 80Watts- 40W White/40W Actinic in preparation for a tank move. I am thinking of no wasting all this light after the move is done and want to set up a NANO reef. I have an Aquaclear HOT filter that is fine to use as a holding tank, but will not be useful to set up a NANO. The tank is not RR, but I was looking into purchasing a HOT filter/protein skimmer all in one unit. Any tips on which one to buy. I have looked into a Bak-Pak but they are over a$100. Any ideas on another manufacturer of an All in one filter/protein skimmer?

Tim

Tim,

I have a 10g system in my office with a Aquarium Systems Turbo 150 that does an adequate job:

12210g_28Jun05-med.jpg

Looking now for something with an added kick. Possibly upgrading the PH somehow.

Lighting, I have CoraLife 96w that I'm very happy with.

My main issue is, being in my office, tough to control heat issue. So constanly battling algae blooms.

Howard

Pictures in Tank L-R:

Corals:

Across Back is Devil Hand Leather with GSP in front, Tan Zoo's, Purple MR, Green Striped MR, Pulsing Xenia and small frag of Yellow Sinularia. In front of Devils Hand & GSP, They are flanked by a Finger Leather Coral on L and Capinella on R. Another type of GSP in front. Red MR, Rose BTA, Green MR and Andrea Collection of GSP. Currently using 1 MJ1200 for PH for added flow. (Looking at options to increase this?

Fish: 1 Pair of Percula Clowns, 1 Royal Gramma, 1 Sixline Wrasse and will be adding a Court Jester Goby soon. All are fat and sassy!

Invertebrates: Blue Legs, Red Legs and Red Tipped Leg Crabs, Margarita and Nassarius Snails, Cleaner Shrimp and Coral Banded Shrimp.

Guest Tomsimtim

I thought I saw an orange/yellow scleronepthia in the front left side. Is that what that is??? If that is what that is, how do keep up the feeding requirements and keep the nitrates in line. Last I checked that coral is difficult to keep because it is carnivorous and requires lots of live plankton.

Looks great. My 80 watts of light will permit me to grow anything. The heat does not seem to be a problem for me. There is a fan built in and the 16 fewer watts may be the difference in maintaining my temperature.

If you do not mind, how much did you pay for the filter???

Tim

Updated my picture with what is in it.

Skimmer I got for next to nothing when I bought a larger tank from TRT.

Howard

Guest Tomsimtim
(edited)

I rrecently changed out my Power Head on my SeaClone with a MAXIjet 1200 and it has made all the difference in the world.

Have you ever propogated that yellow

sinularia???

Tim

Edited by Tomsimtim

About 10x. Probably won't do it again this year. I'm holding off doing any more frags until next year. Working on getting some established colonies going now.

• 2 weeks later...