new swc doser or bubble magus

Fishie

i was just about to pull the trigger on the bubble magus doser when i noticed that swc has a new doser...

they seem almost identical...also same price.

any here use the bubble magus ...i know its made in china...but is there any bad about it..

any reason for me to try the swc instead.

i was just about to pull the trigger on the bubble magus doser when i noticed that swc has a new doser...

they seem almost identical...also same price.

any here use the bubble magus ...i know its made in china...but is there any bad about it..

any reason for me to try the swc instead.

I've never used either. I use 2 of the BRS dosers here and love them:

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/products/calcium-alkalinity-magnesium/two-part-accessories/brs-2-part-doser-1-1-ml-per-minute.html

i did think about those too...i would have to program my apex to come on for a calculated period of time right per day to dose it based on how much the unit can dispense...also these are at 80 a peice....so for ca, alk and mag its 240

the bubble magus is 270 and i dont use 3 ports on my apex...just one if that...or connect it to another power supply...since that needs to run 24/7.

i did think about those too...i would have to program my apex to come on for a calculated period of time right per day to dose it based on how much the unit can dispense...also these are at 80 a peice....so for ca, alk and mag its 240

the bubble magus is 270 and i dont use 3 ports on my apex...just one if that...or connect it to another power supply...since that needs to run 24/7.

You don't need 3, just 2. MAG doesn't get dosed on a daily basis like Alk and Cal. When you complete 1 gallon of Alk and Cal solution (which could take weeks or months depending on your system), you then dump 20oz of MAG solution into the sump at once. So you don't need a dosing pump for that.

You would need 2 slots on the Apex to control the BRS pumps, that's true. Unless you wanted to run them at the same time, in which case you could get a double plug adapter and they could share 1 Apex slot. Most people don't dose them at the same time, but you can. Just have the locations where they enter the sump be apart (like opposite ends of the sump) and that should work fine.

Bubble Magus... I have 12 different aquarims that I use the Balling method on. The oldest doser of the 12 is 2.5 years.... They all have worked flawlessly. The WAY more exspensive Profilux is a great unit as well.

I have no experience with SWC dosers but....

For an amazing Doser... The Coral Shop "Tower Profi" and "Flexdrive Quadra"

The BRS work great on a controller...as well as the Tunze stand alones..

Edited by AQUACO

Dang those other euro brands are pricey

I just got the bubble magus thx to Ryan at a great price too..

Do who ever you ordered from have it in stock.... I actually am in need of one for my new grow out tank. My suppliers are back-ordered :sad: :blink: :ohmy: :idea: