Newbie in need!

phisigs79

(edited)

I recently started a 12g nano and got really into saltwater reefs. I just purchased a 55 gallon reef tank with 150 pounds of live rock and was wondering if anyone would help me out. I have like two frags but was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me start up my tank. I have a protein skimmer right now that i believe is broke. Tell you the truth i dont even know how they really work. And i am also looking for a nice light that i am willing to buy from someone. I was looking into a MH light. Thanks to all in advance. I can be reached at PhiSigs79@hotmail.com. I live in fairfax Va

Edited by phisigs79

I recently started a 12g nano and got really into saltwater reefs. I just purchased a 55 gallon reef tank with 150 pounds of live rock and was wondering if anyone would help me out. I have like two frags but was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me start up my tank. I have a protein skimmer right now that i believe is broke. Tell you the truth i dont even know how they really work. And i am also looking for a nice light that i am willing to buy from someone. I was looking into a MH light. Thanks to all in advance. I can be reached at PhiSigs79@hotmail.com. I live in fairfax Va

34491[/snapback]

Some people had asked a little about the tank i have. I have a 55g that i bought from a guy that had it setup for 4 years. The water quality is as follows:

PH:8.1

Amonia:0

Nitrite:.0

Nitrate:10 ppm

Alk:Norm

Spg:1.022-1.023

I am ordering a 400w metal halide next week unless someone has one for sale!I have a protein skimmer that needs some fixing (seal) and a 10g sump tank. A rio pump with two powerheads and a overflow box. I also have a 300w submersible heater, Two damsels that i believe laid eggs, a snails, a brittle starfish , a clown fish and 150 pounds or more of live rock that came with the tank.