Bristle worm question

04svtfoci

I was in my kitchen last night an looked out to my tank and saw something out of place as i approached i got close enough to see a bristleworm very thin maybe 4inch exposed out of a rock crevice. I have no experience with them, he retracted back in before i could get a pic for an ID. It was very slender smaller around than your average drinking straw, pale in color with the tiny tufts of bristles. I have never seen him before until last night, i know they can cause damage. Any advice on what if any action i should take toward removal ?

Having a few of them in the tank is not bad as they help to clean the tank. As long as the tank is kept clean there will not be enough food to create a population issue. If you want to remove it there are several traps being sold or you can make one.

I just saw some of the traps i had a few minutes so i was doing some reading on them. Btw i have not put that ballast in so i may call you for some guidance as saturday when i finally get a chance to tear apart my fixture.

I use a trap until I got a six line and he has wrecked havock on them....got lucky with the six line eating them...traps work really good just place some food inside and sink it next to where you saw the worm and let it be till morning...Happy hunting :clap: