A Friend Needs Help...

Guest greenthumb

Guest greenthumb

Please help......BTW- this is kinda long, lots of stuff,

Ron is getting out of the trade and is in need of tearing down his entire system by 7/10/05.

Ron has a very clean set up located in Jarrettsville, MD and because of relocation he has not been able to give his tank the time of day. Basically, no lights since 6/5/05. Tank was professional moved and taken care of but because of family circumstance lights were never setup and he is now no longer able to care for the system. He is being stubborn on a $4000 price tag because of the $ and time put in.... However, UNLESS, we can get together and combine our purchaces, he will let go of the whole lot for $3580 including livestock that is unbelievable and lots of misc. Some things, even cheaper if you buy as packages. Also, if you can pick up tank you can take several extras. I am helping with the take down and if you help when picking your stuff up, you will get choice misc goods.

AS FOR corals and just corals, I am caring for them because his tank is not under any lights. FOR FREE, first come, first serve with purchases! However, you can purchase any extras at what you think is reasonable. Not Kidding! Pics will be posted by 6/28/05 at www.mbrookspottery.com. I will also send jpegs. Because, I still cannot figure out how to post on this site.

Anyway, I am already in for one seperate 50lb piece of fiji and some corals and fish. However, I already have my tank, yadda yadda, setup and he will not sell separately unless we can do it as a group. I tried!!!!! Believe me, I tried for 3.5 hours!!!!!!

One thing, if you can purchase complete setup @ $4000 cash or MO you can take it ALL. Including, 1 new aquaspace light 16" pendant that retails for $500. And, the stuff I want. LR, purple tang, cleaner wrasse that eats pellets and is 2 y/o in his system, 3 very large zoo colonies and 1 very nice neon green frog spawn that glows.

So, unless you can purchase all, these are the items still available.....

180g AGA-RR cherry finish tank and stand - very clean - $1300

ASM-G3 skimmer with pump - $250

40g breeder tank 36x18x16- $30

48" aqua space 2-250watt/10k-1-150watt/20k double ended MH - $800

130-150lbs LR some show pieces of tonga & fiji with cleanup crew- $550

(will sell above items as package for $2700)

Aquamedic turbo 1000 with RIO pump $200 - 9mos

Reef Devil made by ETSF with mag 7 pump - $175 ~ 1.8yrs old

30g acrylic sump - $50

circular pump / reef flo dart - $300

(will combo sump & pump for $325 OBRO)

As an incentive for each item purchased you will get choice of extra LS and misc supplies.

hardware for setting up lighting scenarios

salt

hydormeter/temp

and too much more drygoods to keep naming.....

Some really nice shrooms on 4" plus rocks

some zoo rocks 3 + inches covered

hard corals - millipora's, lg acro frags, lg stag, etc (~16 pcs worth $1500)

orange/green mandarin- never seen this color

hippo tang

mated pr cleaner shrimp

mated pr sally light foots

Extra lg 2" brown/orange hermits- beautiful

beautiful maroon with long tip purple anemone

nice yellow wrasse with 2 blk spots

flame scallop

Every item needs to be picked up / delivered soon.

I accept all credit cards (tax will be added)

or the usual CASH/MO (no tax added)

Thanks for taking the time,

Ron (owner of tank)

Michelle (coral keeper til items are sold)

Guest Pandora

Is he not considering selling the livestock separately, or only as an extra bonus with hardware purchase? I'm not really looking for any equipment. But let us know... thanks.

Guest greenthumb
Is he not considering selling the livestock separately, or only as an extra bonus with hardware purchase?  I'm not really looking for any equipment.  But let us know... thanks.

33794[/snapback]

I know it will be hard for him to sell the system for what he is asking. The crime, was never setting up lights when he moved. Punishment, he may loose everything anyway. Redemption, if you would, he let me take the SPS and softies home, resetup the bowfront and I am trying to save what I can. Like you, I just want specific things. AND NOT at LFS prices. Reward, for taking care of them I get choice of what I want from his stock.

Hoping, that he will not be stubborn and will just sell his livestock, LR and just have a setup needing a home. No harm, no foul, no crime!!!!!

However, since I have the LS, I need to know what I have so I know where to place them. Need to know what will live, what wont. Anyone, who helps will get to get first dibs on buying them at a good price, if he agrees to let livestock go....

Perdy much, like the prices of the guy selling off his 120g that posted this AM. Trust me, I tried talking Ron into it.

Anyway, its up to you,

thanks, Michelle

Guest mcallij1
(edited)

Would :) like to look at live rock if we are able to talk about the price. Might even buy some of the live stock. Hope we will be able to work something out.

Edited by mcallij1

Guest greenthumb
Would :)  like to look at live rock if we are able to talk about the price. Might even buy some of the live stock. Hope we will be able to work something out.

33840[/snapback]

Did you see the pics on my site? Steve and I are trying to workout a better pricing scheme so we can save whats alive. I know he wont get what he's asking! And as soon as he realizes it I will be editing this thread with all needs to be picked up now.

Send me an email with name, rank, serial #, etc... and I will call as soon as I know.

PS. do you want all the rock? and what is your best price? Which fish and we will probably go ~50% less the LFS prices. Those guys are healthy and they look good!

Thanks,

Michelle

You can get a brand new Reeflo Dart pump for like $184.00, and a brand new asm g3 for $250. He might want to rethink these prices also.

circular pump / reef flo dart - $300

At these prices good luck selling that stuff. I just bought a reef flo hammerhead which is like twice the flow of the dart for $275 brand new with warranty etc. why would I want to pay more used!!!!