MrCoral's New Look

sdah0414

Went to Mr Coral to check out his new setup. I was definitely impressed. There were quite a few nice frags and colonies for sale from many different vendors and the prices were excellent. I walked out with two SPS colonies, a softball sized acan colony, and several high end zoas and rics and spent under $200. There was a ton of nice stuff and word is that many of the vendors haven't even sent their stock yet. I'll probably be returning this weekend to see what else gets brought in.

I got some great stuff for great prices yesterday. I don't know who the WAMAS member is, but I did buy several things from that section. Being a maxi mini addict, I was glad to see that shipment in! Most vendors had very reasonable prices. I left w/ multiple pieces from various vendors.

Who are some of the vendors and sellers that you recognized?

Many of the vendor sections didn't have a label of who they were from. Sonny is leaving it up to the seller if they want to advertise or not. There could have been labels I missed, I was focused on yhe corals. One section was corals from an unnamed wamas member. He had some pretty nice stuff at even better prices.

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped by the store today to pick a few rics from the "group buy" that Sonny set up with one of his vendors. The deal on the rics was great, alot of thanks to Sonny and the vendor for offering us the chance to get them from the store.

I actually met Sonny today for the first time, even though I have been to the store about a dozen times over the past year or so. It was great talking to him about the new vendor set up he has in the store, I think its great idea and will bring us hobbyists the chance to get alot of different things all in one place. The selection was great, and the prices were pretty good as well, in fact some of the things I thought were a down right steal. An elegance coral about the size of a baseball for $50, several brain corals that were HUGE, 5"-6+", for $75, small acan colonies for $20, and some of the brighest candy canes I have ever seen for $20 for a 2 or 3 head frag.

Since Mr. Coral started the $10 frags I thought it really started to take over the store. While I thought it was a great idea, being able to get a good deal on coral, I thought it really took away from the selling of colonies in the store, all the tubs seemed to be filled with frags and no colonies. While its nice to get cheap corals, I didnt want to have a tank full of frags. I told Sonny this today, and he agree and stated the internet sales really drove this, and the store selling itself got a little neglected. Now he is offering the best of both worlds, a great deal on frags from the interent sales, and incredible corals from the vendors in store. Cant ask for much more then that.

From talking with Sonny today you could tell that he really stands behind this new set-up and believes it is going to work, some of the sections have sold out already and have or are soon to be restocked. Good Luck with the new venture, I am sure after seeing it today that it will be a huge success. Cant wait till I have more money to go back to pick up a few more things.

Edited by FearTheTerps

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped in on Saturday and picked up 185$ worth of various coral, as this was the first coral going into my new tank i was very pleased with the service and with how helpful they were with picking out some nice starter frags and small pieces for my tank. i will be back soon for some larger items and maybe some sps once i get a lil bit of exp under my belt.