Looking for good LR

Guest Keyoke

Guest Keyoke

Ok, so I'm thinking I'm short on LR still. I'd rather find someone who's got established LR that isn't going to go through a heavy curing process when I add it to the tank, so getting just about anything from a LFS is out..

The goal is to accumulate another 30-40 lbs or so. Anyone know where I can find some decent peices? TRT and Dr. Mac don't keep the stuff in stock long enough to be cured enough for my taste, it's off the plane and purchased darn near the same day.. I haven't made it out to Marine Scene yet, but I'm assuming it's going to be the same deal there....

Jeff,

Aquatic world in Leesburg has some really good stuff usually. He's expensive (5.25 per lb) but it's got some good purple corraline on it. Other than that I'd look for someone who's selling an established system and try to buy some of theirs.

Steve

Jeff,

There you go, Rik Leishman has some!

I WOULD GRAB all you can from him, has as awesome tank as well!!

Howard

Guest ScubaTodd

If you dig deep in the marine scene's rock vats you can find some pretty cured stuff. They just drop the fresh stuff on top. I went a week or two ago to find ~10 lbs to add to my tank, and I got some fully cured peices. Prices are a bit steep though.