10,000K to 15,000K

OUsnakebyte

Well, I currently run 150 watt XM HQI (double ended) bulbs (and 2xVHO actinics), and I'm considering a switch from 10,000K to 15,000K - staying with XM. I've read through much of the online material and heard JB speak at last summer's symposium, but I just wanted to hear the differing opinions out there. I should say that I have been quite pleased with the growth I've received from the XM 10Ks, so some might say if it's not broke, don't fix it.

The look of the 20Ks is just too blue for me, plus I think I would lose too much par. What does everyone think? Is switching to 15K going to decrease the par too much? If I were running 250 watters, I would have no reservations about it, but with 150s, I just don't know. I have two clams on the sand bed that really like that light (one is a maxima). And, I would like to add a crocea in the future. I like to keep the clams on the sand - not in the rocks.

Thoughts? Am I gonna lose my maxima...? Significantly reduced coral growth? Better coloration? Okay, I know no one can answer that, but I would like to hear opinions.

Cheers

Mike