So, you are still wondering which MH bulb to get?

JMsAquarium

Well,

Are you still debating wich brand and what K you want to buy? But as usual, Hmm...what are they looking like in a tank? Look no further fellow reefer. :)

I found this link in RC. A fellow reefer took the time to test the most popular 250W Metal Halide bulbs in various Ks with and without actinics. He also did test and ran figures for most of the popular ballasts. Go and check it, it is worth the reading and the pictures are speaking for theirselves.

http://www.cnidarianreef.com/lamps.cfm

and the RC thread where I found it

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...25&pagenumber=1

Well Jean-Marie,

JB was one of our speakers last summer for the special dig WAMAS did- and his presentaion was the bomb!!!. FWIW, Sanjay, who has a new article in the advancedaquarist online mag (at reefs.org), who has been a wamas speaker and will come bakc next fall, ----- and all of sanjay's articles are worth reading for the diehards in lighting...Dana Riddle also has some interesting articles, as do a few others. funny that folks are just finding JB's stuff. If anything, this is a testament to the value of your local reefclub.

\

Hehe Michael,

Yeah you know I am one of those funny folks who dare to have other activities. <_< I wish I could attend ALL of the meetings, but... it would mean cutting down into other activities/hobbies and that is not something I want to do. It is my choice and I am happy with it.

Now yes, the articles and work put by Sanjay, JB and others are definitely worth their weight in gold. Even if I, for one, only come across these from time to time and not always when WAMAS has this people doing a presentation at the meetings. I have never doubted of the time and effort put out by the gang at WAMAS, otherwise I would have never recommended a few friends to join.

If there is something else, I'll be more than happy to pursue this via e-mail or PMs rather than though the boards.

JM