Important Question

truestelf

So I was rearranging some corals that I had noticed my clown fish knocked over and stupid me did not notice my black Urchin and the stupid thing stung me and got my pretty good. I washed my hand instantly with anti bat soap and hot water. It still stings a little they aren't like Lion Fish are such with there spines?

Depends, there are some urchins that will break their spines leaving some in you like bristleworms (or at the folks at VI told me).. If there's still pain, I'd go to the emergency room just in case. Worst case scenario, they say nothings wrong. Best case, you catch something that could be worse later on down.

Braden got stuck a couple times I think helping move the tank with me and I think he was fine. Might PM him about it I know he didn't have to go to the ER thats for sure, one even got stuck in his hand. I think it just hurt him pretty good. Probly depneds on the kind of urchin though, in his case it was the black longspine.

Surfers get stuck by urchins all the time, it's usually not that necessary to seek medical attention. Of course it always depends on the type of urchin, as some can be more venomous then others.

Soaking the sting in pure white vinegar will help, a soak in very hot water for 30 mins or so is also supposed to help decrease the pain. If the spine is stuck inside your skin don't cut it out, leave it be.