Drill bit

Guest D33rex

Guest D33rex

I know this is a repost, but I am moving soon and want to drill my tank in the process, I am looking for a drill bit and advice.

Thanks alot.

Glass tank = diamond bit, Acrylic tank = regular holesaw bit. Tips on drilling acrylic is to not let it get too hot, if it melts it can grab the bit & crack the tank.

Call Mike at the Reef Tank. You can drill a tank on your own, but I wouldn't recommend it. People have actually used dremels to drill bulkheads, but it's not worth the risk. I drilled a hole in a 20 gal tank/sump for topping of using a small spade bit from Lowes. I had Mike do the 55 main tank though.

Mike has experience and a diamond keyhole bit, cooling fluid and darn.

For 15 bucks or whatever, let him handle the problem for you. Call ahead.

Besides, you're going to have to add something to the tank to celebrate once you move! You'd be in the right place.

FF

I had Grim at reef tank drill one for me. Worked out well. If you want it right away bring it by at night and during the week. When their load is light.

Call Mike at the Reef Tank. You can drill a tank on your own, but I wouldn't recommend it. People have actually used dremels to drill bulkheads, but it's not worth the risk. I drilled a hole in a 20 gal tank/sump for topping of using a small spade bit from Lowes. I had Mike do the 55 main tank though.

Mike has experience and a diamond keyhole bit, cooling fluid and darn.

For 15 bucks or whatever, let him handle the problem for you. Call ahead.

Besides, you're going to have to add something to the tank to celebrate once you move! You'd be in the right place.

FF

31215[/snapback]