Booster pump leaking

Steve Ramos

Hey guys and Air Water Ice. I received my booster pump tonight and was able to get the pressure right at 70 psi. The only problem is that I see some leaking going on around the pump.

It looks like the leaking is coming from the two connections and the end of the pump that was already put together when shipped (wasn't from any of installation connections). I really like the pump because it was easy to install and didn't take that much time to get it right at 70 psi. Is there a way for me to un screw the connections and try to re-wrap the connections with Teflon? Or will this need to be shipped back?

Thanks!

interesting .. I had the exact same issue - the two elbows coming out of the pump leaked A LOT ! I did exactly what you mentioned - took the elbows off, cleaned off the old teflon tape, added more clean tape, then put it back together. I still had a small drip but even that has disappeared now.

Hey Steve,

What you mentioned is exactly what you need to do.. just add a few more wraps of teflon tape and that should fix the problem.

Let me know if you need anything else!

-Marissa Mele

sales@airwaterice.com

772-461-0256

Great, thanks. I will try to add more tape tonight and hopefully that solves the issue. I was nervous last night because I noticed the elbows were in there very tight, so I didn't want to mess with it too much before asking here first. Thanks!