BTA Anenomes Basic to Advanced

I recently purchased a BTA, I was looking for a Rose, but believe I got a Green BTA. Still pretty cool characture so far. Still aclimating to the tank.

Doing some research, found this website and recommend it highly!!!

http://www.freewebs.com/karenssaltwater/index.htm

Seems to cover alot of bases on selecting, caring and troubleshooting your BTA!

Howard

BTAs in my opinion are a boon to reef keeping- They usually split once or twice a year which allows us to keep propagating them rather than steal from the wild and affect long term clown and anemone production. The BTA is the easiest kept and if tank raised/cloned then they are very hardy and do well even under less lighting than most others require-

But Howard-you can not miss the difference between a rose and a green- The roses are bright florecent orangish pink. The greens are less colorfull but no less attractive with a muted green - they do not always have bubble tips- in our reef systems. I think more light makes them bubble their tips more- but only to a point.

Lee,

The one I got is brown currently with green tips, but has been in a PC environment for a while, so has spent alot of time OUT of MH Lights. Hopefully after he gets comfortable, will show true colors, but as you mentioned, I don't believe this is a true rose.

I just finished reading the website and she has some awesome disclosures on BTA and has some great info and MUST READING for anyone looking to get a BTA!

Howard

Excellent website Howard, great recomendation!

First off, I'm in mourning because I lost my Rose BTA, a real beauty. I moved a mated pair of Maroon Clowns out of my display 75 to a 55 so that the Lady Gold Bar would not be able to dump my WAMAS frags and flip corals into the sand head first. I was sad to do so. So moved Rosie from under a 250w hqi to 210w Compact fluorescent. She just never liked it and stayed hidden, finally died after 2 1/2 months. I thought that she would adjust and recover. Even thought she was under a net deficit of energy I expected her to eventually head towards the light. I have a Green BTA that went through much worse. I finally decided to move her back on Monday, but found that she was necrotic.

(Bummer, got that off my chest)

However I have a Green BTA clone from a friend (now hosting a Clarkii pair (WAMAS again). One of the first things that I added to my tank, it survived a RIO attack and subsequent bleaching the night I had it over a year ago. My first reef, and my first screw up. I thought it was dead so I bought Rosie. 3 months it appeared out of nowhere and nested next to Rosie! I didn