help help please

hoppies99

my brother scoop some eggs that the clown had lay, he put it in his container, now it hatch. he have a 40 gallons that is running he was afraid to put the fishes in there the fish will get suck in the overflow box. any advices would help.

thanks

kim

if the fish have already hatched and you dont have any food (rotifers) for them right now, then they wont survive. A typical grow out tank is about 10 gallons or so, sponge filter, small heater, cheap light and blacked out sides. You wont be able to grow them out in a large established system. clown fish usually spawn pretty readily, read up some and and get everything together that you need and you will be raising them in no time.

if the fish have already hatched and you dont have any food (rotifers) for them right now, then they wont survive. A typical grow out tank is about 10 gallons or so, sponge filter, small heater, cheap light and blacked out sides. You wont be able to grow them out in a large established system. clown fish usually spawn pretty readily, read up some and and get everything together that you need and you will be raising them in no time.

my brother have a 40 gallons that set up for sick tank. he have heater and everything in there, except the food that you were talking about.

thanks

ive heard of some people using pulverized dry food, a good high quality flake or pellet. You would need to crush the foodvery finely with a mortar and pestle into a very fine powder. You will need to feed several times a day, this gives the fish time to recognize the powder as food. Feeding this way you will need to clean the tank alot, as all the uneaten food will foul the water.

The tank is large for rearing the fish, especially the larvae. The smaller the volume of water the more dense you will have the food. The denser the food is, the shorter the distance the fish have to swim to find it, thus the least amount of energy they have to expend. In that size tank the fish will most likely use more energy hunting then the energy they would get from the food.

I would ask around to see if anyone close has a copy of the book Clownfishes by Joyce Wilkerson, it has all the information in it that you will need. I have a copy, but Im pretty far from woodbridge.

ive heard of some people using pulverized dry food, a good high quality flake or pellet. You would need to crush the foodvery finely with a mortar and pestle into a very fine powder. You will need to feed several times a day, this gives the fish time to recognize the powder as food. Feeding this way you will need to clean the tank alot, as all the uneaten food will foul the water.

The tank is large for rearing the fish, especially the larvae. The smaller the volume of water the more dense you will have the food. The denser the food is, the shorter the distance the fish have to swim to find it, thus the least amount of energy they have to expend. In that size tank the fish will most likely use more energy hunting then the energy they would get from the food.

I would ask around to see if anyone close has a copy of the book Clownfishes by Joyce Wilkerson, it has all the information in it that you will need. I have a copy, but Im pretty far from woodbridge.

Thank you, I'll let my brother know.