changing MH/T5 bulbs

So I was wondering what schedule most use....I use 2 DE 250W 14k Phoenix bulbs and 2 T5 UVL super actinics over my DT...I always used to change the MH out every 6 months but was recently seeing that a lot of people go 9-12 months before changing....and T5 a full 12 months....I decided to try it and its been 8 months and I just ordered bulbs because I just cant go any longer LOL...too many years at the 6 month interval I suppose....

what schedule does everyone else do? I am curious...

My T-5 unit has eight bulbs in two banks. I alternate switching out one bank every six months, which means I replace individual bulbs on an annual basis. I had planned to switch banks at 9 months, but that became too hard to track :blink: . It seems to be working, most everybody in the tank appears to be healthy, happy, and growing appropriately.

Annual seems about par from all the threads I've read. If you overdrive your bulbs, I'd cut that down to 9 months, even more if you don't cool them.

Halides are generally good for a year. I hear you can push it a few months if you have a "gentle" electronic ballast, but I plan to replace mine at the 1 year mark.