Ich

Inspector

I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like my purple tang and emperor angel may have ich. The emperor's tail and side fins appear to have sign of ich. Some on the tail fin of the purple. Is there a way to treat without getting them out of the display tank. It's a 150 with over 300lbs. of rock and multiple large colinies of coral. I don't have a trap, just nets. Any advise would be helpful.

Mike

post-2631931-129825371479_thumb.jpg

I don't think there's a whole-tank treatment that's reef safe. IME ich manifests when something is stressing your fish, like fighting or rapid temperature changes. I would figure out whether something like that is going on. I would also concentrate on feeding all your fish well with a variety of frozen foods to help make them stronger.

Good luck!

I don't think there's a whole-tank treatment that's reef safe. IME ich manifests when something is stressing your fish, like fighting or rapid temperature changes. I would figure out whether something like that is going on. I would also concentrate on feeding all your fish well with a variety of frozen foods to help make them stronger.

Good luck!

+1

Thanks for everyones input. the purple tang shows no sings of ich anymore, It's was only in the evening on his tail fin and there was alot particules floating around in the tank that evening. I am unsure if it was ich at all. The angel is in the middle of changing from a juvenile to an adult, the specks on him do not appear to be on the outside. The specks look like they're under the skin. His color is off and changing at this time with other splotches. I do have garlic for a food supplement so just in case it looks like all the fish are going to have bad breath for the next month.