ice Cap bulbs any good

SkiCurtis

so they are on sale and was wondering if they are any good? do you have to have icecap ballast for them to work good? I have a older ballest 2-175W MH for my grow out tank and a 250W DE. I wanted a 20K for good color. Thanks for the input!

I got a 400 from them a few yrs ago when Chris and Anthony came to meeting but hadn't used it. But a few weeks ago I had one bulb crack. Now using it. It's the 14k. Next to my 10 month old ushio 14k, the two week old icecaps look more blue. Will have to bust out the par meter this weekend to see what numbers say. So far, no coral issues.

I did just pick up two more as salter critter had them on sale for $33 a bulb to clean out stock; so now I can complete the look.

I had 2 that were a different size than any other DE bulb, slightly longer, and wouldn't fit in a none adjustable socket so I returned them. I had one left which I used in a Ice Cap 250/400 pendant and adjusted the sockets so it would fit. I ran them on a new IceCap 250 HQI ballest and the bulb burnt out in around 3 months. :( So, in my opinion they suck balls in quality, fit, and light output but that is just my opinion based on my experience with the 250W 14K DE bulbs I purchased. I would just save your money and by a better bulb. Hope this help! :)

Also, I thought IceCap went out of business??

Thanks for the input.they did go out of biz.probley why they are disounted. BRS has them on sale...also all the ice cap stuff they are dumping see site for more!